The 6th World Congress on Alternatives & Animal Use in the Life Sciences (WC6) will be held in Tokyo, Japan from August 21 to 25, 2007 with the support and organization by the Japanese Society for Alternatives to Animal Experiments (JSAAE), the Alternative Congress Trust (ACT), and the Science Council of Japan (SCJ).
Objectives of the WC6 are to:
- review progress made toward the 3Rs (Reduction, Refinement, Replacement) in education, research, and testing,
- develop a realistic understanding of the status of alternatives,
- create an understanding that in research, animal studies, together with clinical studies and in vitro methods, advance science,
- contribute to our basic understanding of biology and diseases, and
- encourage constructive discussions between animal protection groups and scientific communities.
The WC6 will offer an opportunity for scientists and other professionals from around the world to present their latest research in the field of the 3Rs. The WC6 will include state-of-the-art lectures and workshops and will provide an excellent place for discussions between scientists and people with animal welfare concerns.
MatTek Corp. authored or co-authored EIGHT technical presentations.
Please click on the links below to review the presentation abstract (PDF format).